RAMALLAH, (PIC)– The Palestinian Prisoner Society said Friday that hunger striking prisoner Sami Janazra was transferred anew to Soroka hospital in Beersheba after a serious decline in his health condition. Janazra, a 43-year-old citizen from al-Fawwar refugee camp in al-Khalil, has been on hunger strike for 59 days in protest at his detention administratively since November 15, 2015. He started his hunger strike on March 3, 2016 in al-Negev jail before he was transferred to several other jails and finally to Ela prison. On April 24, he was taken to Soroka hospital after he started to suffer health problems because of his prolonged hunger strike.
(Source / 30.04.2016)
The antihuman mullahs’ regime hanged 17 prisoners in the time span of April 23 to 27. On Wednesday, April 27, six prisoners were collectively hanged in Gohardasht (Rajai Shahr) Prison. One of the prisoners by the name of Milad Mostakhdem had been taken to the hanging pole for the seventh time, a known method used by the regime’s henchmen to psychologically torture prisoners.
On April 26, three young men – aged between 22 to 30 years – were executed in Zahedan’s central prison while another prisoner was executed in Qazvin prison. Two other prisoners were hanged in a prison in the city of Sari on April 24. And five prisoners were collectively hanged on April 23 in Zahedan’s central prison.
As such, the number of executions in April reaches 52. The objective of these arbitrary and collective executions is to intensify the climate of horror and fear and prevent the explosion of popular discontent and loath, especially of the youth, against the Iranian regime.
These executions happening concurrent and after visits to Tehran by the Italian Prime Minister and the EU High Representative demonstrates that visits by European officials not only fail to result in any improvements in human rights, but embolden this regime in its brutal and systematic violation of human rights. Economic and political relations with this regime lack all legitimacy and need to be preconditioned to an improvement of human rights, particularly a halt in the executions.
The Iranian Resistance calls on the Iranian people, especially the courageous youths, to stand up against the crimes and collective and daily executions by this regime and to express their solidarity and sympathy with the families of those executed and the prisoners.
(Source: Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran / 30.04.2016)
File photo of Al-Aqsa mosque, ariel view
Dozens of extremist Jewish settlers yesterday stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque from the Mughrabi Gate amid tight security protection from Israeli police for the fifth time since the start of the Jewish holiday of Passover.
Israeli police stepped up their presence around Al-Aqsa Mosque to facilitate the settlers’ incursions while prevented Muslim worshippers under the age of 35 from entering the mosque.
Media coordinator at the Islamic Waqf in Jerusalem, Firas Al-Debes, told the Safa news site that 82 Jewish settlers stormed into Al-Aqsa Mosque and walked inside its courtyards amid heavy protection from Israeli forces.
He explained that the Al-Aqsa guards and worshipers tried to prevent settlers from performing Talmudic rituals but police escorted them away from the mosque.
Jerusalem District Police Chief Moshe Adri is reported to have joined the settlers who stormed the mosque.
(Source / 30.04.2016)
NABLUS, (PIC)– The family of 13-year-old Ahmed Maskawi, from Balata refugee camp in Nablus, has appealed to human rights groups to intervene with the Palestinian Authority (PA) preventive security apparatus to release its son. The family told the Palestinian Information Center (PIC) that all efforts to have its son released failed, pointing out that he has been in detention for about 59 days. According to the family, the security authorities claim that the absence of a current mayor for Nablus prevent them from releasing Maskawi, who is detained for alleged Facebook remarks. The father said that his son is a school student and his presence in detention would deprive him of his exams.
(Source / 30.04.2016)
The Syrian government Air Forces have carried out extensive and indiscriminate attacks on residential neighborhoods in the city of Aleppo since Friday 22 April 2016, while the third round of negotiations in Geneva were taking place between the Syrian government and the opposition, represented by the High Negotiating Committee.
The Violations Documentation Center (VDC) has documented 144 deaths as a result of these attacks until 29 April 2016, with numbers steadily rising as search and rescue operations continue in the affected areas. Most of the 72 civilian casualties documented by the VDC so far include women and children, in addition to doctors and rescue teams who were killed as a result of targeting the residential buildings and hospitals.
As per the VDC’s findings, 34 airstrikes by helicopters and warplanes have hit Aleppo so far, targeting residential buildings and vital non-military installations, such as hospitals, clinics, and mosques in different quarters in the city of Aleppo. The following locations were mainly targeted:
1. Al-Quds Hospital, run by medical INGO MSF and certified by ICRC, targeted on 27 April 2016, resulting in the death of fifty people, the injury of and scores of others, including three medical staff members;
2. Electricity and water stations in Bab Neirab, hit by rockets on Friday 29 April 2016;
3. The storage units of medicines and the medical supplies of the rapid respond ambulance in Al-Mouwasalat neighbourhood, hit on Friday 29 April 2016, resulting in its total destruction;
4. The Shawky Helal dispensary for internal surgery in Al-Marjah neighbourhood, rendered totally out of service because of explosive barrel bombs thrown from aboard helicopters on Friday 29 April 2016;
5. The dispensary of Bustan Al-Qasr for internal and dermal medicine, rendered out of service because of explosive barrel bombs thrown from aboard helicopters on Friday 29 April 2016.
Attacks culminated on Friday 29 April.
Meanwhile, the VDC has received reports of attacks by armed opposition groups on residential neighborhoods and infrastructure in parts of Aleppo, directly affecting civilians that are under government control. It has not been possible to date to conduct credible research in these areas due to logistical and security constraints.
The targeting of the medical facilities and personnel is a clear violation of International Humanitarian Law and the four Geneva Conventions of 1949, which Syria ratified, and in this case can amount to war crimes.
The VDC condems such attacks and calls on the the international community, the international sponsors of the Geneva talks, the SSG (Syrian Support Group) and the United Nations to expressly put together effective mechanisms to ensure accountability for these and other violations, by all parties, including, but not limited to the direct targeting of medical facilities. The VDC believes that to continue ingoring such acts contributes to a culture of impunity in Syria, and delays a process by which Syria can be put Syria on the track of justice.
(Source: Violations Documentation Center in Syria / 30.04.2016)
The Syrian Coalition said it rejected all forms of foreign interference in determining Syria’s future and the drafting of its constitution.
In a press release issued earlier today, the Syrian Coalition stressed that “the will of the Syrian people can only be determined through an elected general national conference which will be the only legitimate body entitled to assign the task of drafting a new constitution to an elected committee.”
“The new constitution will outline the shape of the state and the system of governance and will regulate the work of the judicial, legislative and executive authorities. It will then be put to the people for a vote in a referendum so that it is approved in accordance with legal procedures,” the Coalition added.
The Coalition emphasized that “the revolution for freedom and dignity aims primarily to build a state of law, citizenship and justice. For this purpose, the Syrian people have made enormous sacrifices in the face of the authoritarian exclusionary Assad regime and are determined to bring down the one-party rule and security institutions that have long confiscated the rights of the Syrian people.”
(Source: Syrian Coalition / 30.04.2016)
During the first week of this month, 124 Palestinians were made homeless due to destroying their homes
In addition, the report said, over than 1,000 Palestinians were also affected after losing shops and other structures related to their source of income
Days of Palestine, West Bank -UN report released on Thursday shows that Israeli demolition of Palestinian homes increased for times compared to last year.
This demolition policy left 808 Palestinians in different areas across the occupied Palestinian territories displaced, facing very difficult living conditions since start of 2016.
Since January, the report said, the Israeli occupation has destroyed 588 Palestinian structures across the occupied Palestinian territories, mostly residential buildings.
At least, 808 Palestinians had been displaced so far, a number that highly surpassed the Palestinians were displaced during 2015.
In addition, the report said, over than 1,000 Palestinians were also affected after losing shops and other structures related to their source of income.
During the first week of April, 124 Palestinians were displaced in a single day from nine different communities, including the village of Khirbet Tana which has been destroyed four times since the start of the year alone.
(Source / 30.04.2016)