Israeli authorities claim he recognised he intentionally ran over an Israeli soldier, but this could not be proved true except when confident lawyers visit him and listen from him about the investigation’s conditions
Rights group Adalah said it would file a Supreme Court appeal of what it called a “dangerous precedent,” along with the Association for Civil Rights in Israel
In a racial measure, Haifa Magistrate’s Court in Israel revoked citizenship of wounded Arab driver who was shot by Israeli forces before running over Israeli soldier.
The court responded to a request from the racist Israeli Interior Minister Aryeh Deri, who accused the Arab driver –Palestinian in Israel are called Arab citizens– of carrying out a terror attack last year.
Israeli sources claimed that the Arab driver Alaa Zayyoud had intentionally run over an Israeli occupation soldier, causing him light wounds.
However, several conformed accounts for eyewitnesses said that the Israeli occupation forces at first opened fire at him and then he lost control over his car and hit the Israeli soldier on October 11, 2015.
According to the Israeli medial, Zayyoud took off the car and allegedly stabbed thee Israelis soldiers. No names were disclosed and this alone proves the false Israeli claim.
In June last year, an Israeli court sentenced Zayyoud, who was critically wounded when the Israeli occupation forces opened fire at him while driving his car.
The court ruled that after Zayoud’s citizenship is revoked in October he will be given a temporary status, as exists in citizenship laws, and that it will be extended from time to time at the discretion of the interior minister after he has completed his sentence.
Rights group Adalah said it would file a Supreme Court appeal of what it called a “dangerous precedent,” along with the Association for Civil Rights in Israel.
“Alaa Zayoud will be left stateless, in contravention of international law,” Adalah said in a statement.
However, the Israeli media reported that Zayyoud had recognised he intentionally carried out the attack, this could not be confirmed true unless confident lawyers visit him and listen from him about the conditions of the investigations.
Previously, the Israeli authorities have announced fake recognitions of Palestinians, including children such as Mohamed Manasrah, who was subject to severe torture during the investigations.
The investigators pushed him to recognise that he carried out an attack, while he never did.
(Source / 07.08.2017)