Victims of Abbas’ Gaza Travel Restrictions Raised to 20

21 JUL
7:04 AM

The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced, Thursday morning, the death of the 20th patient case in Gaza, due to the ban on travel abroad for treatment.

Spokesperson for the Ministry, Ashraf al-Qedra, said in a statement that the patient Baha Radee,aged 14, died today because he could not receive treatment abroad, as the Ramallah-based Palestinian Authority banned the medical vouchers.

Al-Qedra explained that the Radee was waiting for a medical voucher for more than 18 days, but in vain, Al Ray Palestinian Media Agency reports.

The health ministry warned of the increase in the number of dead patients and children because the Palestinian Authority suspended issuing medical voucher to patients in the sector.

Earlier this month, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) said that it documented a reduction of 75% in medical vouchers to Gaza patients for treatment, last month.

The reduction of foreign medical vouchers to the Gaza Strip was part of a punitive set of measures imposed by the Authority, on Gaza.

(Source / 21.07.2017)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s