Director of Turkish Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH) in Gaza, Mehmet Kaya, affirmed that Turkey will continue supporting the Palestinian Question and people. “The Mavi Marmara martyrs have not died in vain”, he said.
“The Palestinian people will not forget Mavi Marmara martyrs”, he added. Kaya’s statements came in the commemoration ceremony of the seventh anniversary of the Mavi Marmara attack by Israeli naval forces.
The Turkish official called on Arabs and Muslims to take action in order to lift the Gaza siege and to support the city of Occupied Jerusalem and al-Aqsa Mosque which have come under Israeli incursions and ceaseless Judaization attempts.
For her part, the spokeswoman of the International Campaign to Break the Israeli Siege on Gaza, Muna Skeik, said the Mavi Marmara attack ran contrary to international norms and charters and constituted a collective punishment against more than two million Palestinians.
She warned that the siege on Gaza has reached an unprecedented disastrous stage. Skeik also hailed the IHH for its great efforts to help Palestinians in Gaza and appealed to the League of Arab States to abide by its resolution of breaking the Gaza siege.
Israeli naval forces on May 31, 2010 intercepted and stormed the biggest ship within the Freedom Flotilla, the Mavi Marmara, which was sailing towards Gaza Strip in order to break the siege which had been imposed since 2006. The Israeli forces killed ten Turkish nationals aboard Mavi Marmara and wounded many others in the bloody attack that took place in international waters.
(Source / 31.05.2017)