Israel sues 2 Palestinians over Facebook posts

Israeli made Facebook not a free platform for Palestinians

Facebook 3

Tens of Palestinians had been kidnapped, charged and sentenced by the Israeli occupation over expressing their opinions on social media during the last six months

Amid fierce Israeli crackdown on Palestinians’ freedom of expression, Israeli occupation authorities prosecuted two Palestinians over Facebook posts.

Israeli occupation authorities issued a list of charges, including “Facebook incitement” against the Palestinian journalist Mohamed Batroukh from Jerusalem.

Jerusalem-based human rights group Wadi al-Hilweh Information Centre said that this is a “clear and flagrant violation” of rights to impart information and free speech.

Batroukh was kidnapped by the Israeli occupation forces during a night raid on March 7, the Palestinian news agency Safa said.

Meanwhile, an Israeli judge sentenced Walid Rajabi to 10 months of actual imprisonment and a suspended probation sentence of seven months for three years on charges of incitement on Facebook.

Tens of Palestinians had been kidnapped, charged and sentenced by the Israeli occupation over expressing their opinions on social media during the last six months.

(Source / 20.03.2017)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s