He was just released from the Palestinian Authority prisons
“One Palestinian was murdered and two others were wounded,” the eyewitness said. “The man was identified as Basel al-A’raj,” he added
Israeli occupation forces murdered on Monday morning Palestinian man, wounded two others in occupied West Bank city of Ramallah.
Witnesses said that special Israeli occupation forces raided the town of Al-Bira in the outskirts of Ramallah and surrounded a house where the Palestinian was attacked.
“The Israeli forces started shooting at the house,” one of the eyewitnesses told Safa news agency, prompting the Palestinians to respond to the Israeli fire.
After a short while of shootout, the Israeli occupation launched a small missile that caused a large explosion inside the house.
“One Palestinian was murdered and two others were wounded,” the eyewitness said. “The man was identified as Basel al-A’raj,” he added.
The Israeli media claimed that the Palestinian started shooting, but the eyewitnesses stressed that the Israeli occupation forces who started.
Israeli army reported that the Palestinian was wanted since he was released from the Palestinian Authority prisons in September 2016.
Al-Araj was detained without charges or explanation by Palestinian security forces in April last year along with Haitham Siyaj and Mohamed Harb.
Their controversial case made headlines when the three men joined three other detainees in a hunger strike in Palestinian prison, protesting severe torture and mistreatment by the PA.
Under heavy pressure, the six prisoners were released, but the PA continued following them up and supplying information to the Israeli intelligence about their whereabouts.
In the wake of the murder, Palestinian factions blamed the PA’s security cooperation with Israel for the murder, saying that the PA adopts the policy of “revolving door” with Israel. It releases Palestinians from prisons and enables Israeli forces of arresting or murdering them.
(Source / 06.03.2017)