Amona settlers reject relocation plan

amonathundkls

Israeli media on Wednesday said that the 40 Amona families have rejected an Israeli government plan to be relocated from their houses.

According to the Jpost, the offer, proposed by Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett and approved by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, was to “relocate the homes to abandoned Palestinian property on the same hilltop, where the West Bank outpost of Amona is currently located.”

However, the settlers said  the offer was so full of holes it was like “Swiss Cheese” and provided a solution for only a quarter of the families, and that they were prepared for a solution of rebuilding new homes on the same hilltop, and not destroying the current structures until the new ones had been completed.

The controversy over Ammona started in 2014 when the Israeli High Court of Justice had  ruled that the outpost must be demolished by December 25, 2016 because they were built without permits on private Palestinian property.

Israeli settlements are illegal in international law.

(Source / 17.12.2016)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s